Updated on 25 March, 2018 Published on 10 October 2017
I hope you would agree with me when I say that-
"Finding the best counter depth refrigerator for your home is a bit confusing".
And to help you with that and make the whole process easier, I have built a list of few best french door, side by side, top freezer and bottom freezer counter depth refrigerators for your kitchen cabinet.
If you are looking for reliability Amana is your best shot, but those refrigerators are really hard to find. Sub-Zero is my other preference if there isn't a budget to hold you back. KitchenAid, Frigidaire, GE and Fisher-Paykel are other good brands for cabinet depth refrigerators.
The thing is that all refrigerators have a specific lifeline and manufacturers try to design it specifically to push the breakdown period.
(Always keep the coils clean, it affects output performance. Don't forget to use surge protection along with your refrigerators. Voltage spikes can fault your refrigerator internally and make it hard to repair.)
This guide will help you know how to buy a good-quality counter depth refrigerator. I have added info on fridge configuration, measuring dimensions and handpicked counter depth refrigerators.
But Before we get start with the unbiased reviews for top 10 Best Counter depth refrigerators, here is a quick list for those who are short on time-
Sub-Zero BI6UFD built-in Panel Ready french door refrigerator
36" X 84" X 23.87"
21 cubic feet
Auo-defrost system and effective cooling
LG LMXC23746D Black Diamond Series Counter depth French Door refrigerator
35 3/4" X 70 1/4" X 32 1/8"
22.7 cubic feet
CustomChill Drawer and Freshness Control
Samsung RF23J9011SR Stainless Steel French Door Refrigerator
35 3/4" X 70 3/4" X 28 7/8''
23 cubic feet
Flex Zone Refrigeration or Freezer Space
Samsung RF22K9581SG family hub 2.0 4 -door refrigerator
36" X 71" X 31"
22 cubic feet
Touchscreen, integrated camera and Flex zone
GE Profile PYE22PSKSS- french door counter depth refrigerator
35 3/4" X 69 7/8" X 31 1/4"
22.2 cubic feet
Built-In K-Cup Brewer
Samsung RH229010SG Side by side counter depth refrigerator
35.75" X 69.87" X 28.37"
21.5 cubic feet
KitchenAid KRFC300ESS Energy rated French door fridge
35.75" X 70.12" X 29.37"
20 cubic feet
Removable metal wine rack and spacious interior
Summit FF1935PLIM Top-mount refrigerator
29" x 73" x 27"
18.1 cubic feet
Compact Size with Upgraded Features
Kenmore Smart French Door Refrigerator
35.8" x 68.9" x 30.9"
24 cubic feet
Works with Amazon Alexa
Fisher Paykel RF135BDLX4- Left Hinge Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
25" x 67.5" x 27.4"
13.4 cubic feet
Active smart technology and humidity control system
What is Counter depth refrigerator?
A Counter depth fridge is a shallow refrigerator with standard box of depth 24 inches, which could extend to few inches after adding door, backsplash and handles. Unlike, regular refrigerator a counter-depth won't be obtruding out of your cabinet.
Counter depth refrigerators help you save the kitchen space, make it look fancier and are indeed the best alternative to highly expensive built-in refrigerators. If you don't know much about counter depth refrigerators, read my Counter Depth Refrigerator information guide.
Different types of Counter Depth Refrigerator-
Refrigerators are differentiated based on the cabinet depth, compartment width and the freezer position. There are five types of refrigerator styles to choose from. However, classic single door configuration is less common as it takes away the spacious freezer compartment.
- Top Freezer- Top freezer counter depth refrigerators have the freezer on the top and fridge below it. Top freezers are the most budget-friendly refrigerators. You can go for this style if you have small space and limited budget. However, you would need to bend a bit for using the refrigerator part.
- Bottom freezer- Freezer is present at the bottom and separated by an additional door. Bottom freezer configuration has spacious refrigerator compartments. Compressors are more energy efficient. The refrigerator is there at the top, which helps in storing snacks and quick food items.
- French door- French door counter depth refrigerators are more popular than other configurations. French door configuration is a duo of side-by-side and bottom freezer. Three different doors help reduce the fridge air escape and improve energy output.
- Side-by-side- This configuration has two different doors. Freezer is usually present on the left side. Side-by-side refrigerator allows easy accessibility to the freezer area and requires less door swing.
- Single door- Single door refrigerators are comparatively less popular. This is because of split doors are absent and features are limited. You might need an additional freezer as the single door freezer compartment has lesser storing space.
Counter depth refrigerator dimensions-
Dimensions of countertop depth refrigerators are much different than the standard refrigerators. One thing you need to keep in mind is that refrigerator-capacity would be lesser for counter-depths, but the elegant kitchen look and improved space will make it up for you.
- Depth- Default counter refrigerator depth is 24 inches, but the additional backspace, doors, handles and cabinet space could extend it to as long as 30 inches. So, 24’’ is basically the depth for the box of refrigerator.
- Width- Counter depth fridges comes in three different width- 30, 33 and 36 inches. However, most of the doors are 36” wide.
- Height- Height may vary based on the counter depth refrigerator manufacturers. Different counter depth models have different height (could be as big as 72’’). Make sure to properly measure the cabinet height for allowing it to fit in.
I would recommend you to leave one inch distance at the top and back part of your refrigerator cabinet. Also, leave 1/8 inches on both side of refrigerator. This will improve the compressor performance by increasing input-output flow. Know more about counter depth refrigerator dimensions.
How much does a counter depth refrigerator costs?
A good quality counter depth fridge could cost you anywhere between $1000-4000 based on the number of features, brand reliability and your shipping location. For instance, a good quality Summit refrigerator will cost you around thousand bucks, but a Samsung family hub with advance features could move your budget to four thousand dollars. The bottom line is, when it comes to kitchen appliances, you will get what you pay for, I digress 😉 Just to get you an idea for how much would a counter fridge cost you; see this listing.
10 of the Best Counter depth refrigerators reviewed-
Now that you know about the quick info to help you buy the best counter depth refrigerator, Lets get started with the Unbiased Reviews for each of the above listed fridges.
1. Sub-Zero BI6UFD Built-in panel ready- Professional Counter depth refrigerator
Sub-zero is one of the most reliable brands for professional counter depth refrigerators. If your budget is high, then Sub-Zero is your best choice. Built-in counter depth fridges are a great alternative to costlier integrated models.
BI36UFD doesn’t have loads of features like the one you would find in Samsung and GE fridges. However, you can always expect a more extended lifeline from Sub-Zero fridges. This fridge is available in 36” and 42” configuration.
Freezer temperature is precise and works actively. Sub-Zero has dual refrigeration which helps maintain the ideal temperature for keeping the food fresh and freezer chill. NASA-Inspired air purifier helps boost the freshness of refrigerator content.
Exterior water and ice dispenser are both absent, and the fridge is not energy star rated, but still works efficiently. Interior water dispenser is robust, and you would like the spacious refrigerator compartments. You can get BI36UFD panel ready or stainless steel design. Digital controls are easy to use.
There are three glass shelves, but you can't pull them out. Crisper drawers will save the food from spoiling. The auto-defrost system makes sure your ice-maker remains frost free. Bottom-line? Buy this fridge if you want a built-in counter depth that offers above-average features and stays with you for a long time.
- Powerful air purifier and dual refrigeration helps keep the food fresh
- Bright LED interior and easy to control digital controls
- Shelves aren’t detachable, and exterior dispensers are absent
2. LG LMXC23746D Black Diamond Series - With a CustomChill Drawer and Freshness Control
Arguably the most interesting thing about this french door counter-deep fridge is its overall design. This LG LMX23746D refrigerator has a French-door style refrigeration system on top, a full-width freezer on the bottom, and a special CustomChill-drawer in the middle.
What is a CustomChill drawer, anyway? It’s a special drawer that allows you to set it to a different temperature than the rest of the fridge for those special items (like white wine or particular fruits and vegetables) that need to be at a different cooling temperature than the rest of your food. You can even select this special temperature by pushing buttons with icons that correspond to specific foods, like fruits, meats, and wine.
To make things even better, this Counter depth french door refrigerator comes with LG's special freshness control. This cool system uses digital sensors to track things like temperature and humidity levels in your entire fridge, instead of simply tracking the temperature level in one location, like most others.
The control panel allows you to adjust more than just whether or not the dispenser is spitting out ice or water. It includes buttons which allow you to control the type of ice you receive, the temperatures of the fridge and the freezer, the light, the door alarm and much more. What's that? There's a door alarm? One of the most unique features of LG appliances is their special alarm system. If you leave the door open for too long, the fridge will let you know. Not only is this great if you accidentally forget to close it, it’s also a wonderful way to remind your kids not to "camp in front of the fridge."
- Has a sleek and stylish black stainless steel finish for extra glam or even that masculine touch.
- The total capacity of 22.7 cubic feet (13.5 for the fridge, 2.8 for the "CustomChill Drawer" and 6.4 for the freezer) is ample space for your family's groceries.
- The freshness control system keeps all of your food at the perfect temperature and humidity.
- Includes a special slim-design ice dispensing system.
- The width of this unit (32 inches) and height (70 inches) may be just a little too large for some spaces.
3. Samsung RF23J9011SR 4door- With a Convenient Flex Zone
Samsung certainly set this unit apart from the rest by making such a bold move. When you realize just why they did this you will be in for even more surprise. They did it to accommodate a "flex zone."
The unique "flex zone" space behind the door on the bottom right can be used as either a refrigerator or a freezer. This means that you can alternate between more fresh goods in the summer and more frozen goods in the winter. Have a 3/4 fridge, 1/4 freezer or a 1/2 fridge, 1/2 freezer combo. You can even use that "flex zone" for special things (like white wine) which need to be at a temperature different from regular refrigerated goods.
It also has other great features you should consider when making your purchase. For example, its "ice master" ice maker actually makes its own ice instead of simply dispensing pre-cubed ice like many of the other refrigerators out there. It is also directly hooked into your water supply so that it does all the work of creating ice for you and with no effort on your part.
Want fresh water? The water line also hooks into a water dispenser for even more convenience at your fingertips. A special filtration system has also been installed into the fridge's door to make that water as clean as possible.
- Has everything you'd expect from a high-end, full-sized fridge at an affordable price, packed into a counter-depth package.
- It includes many shelves which can be moved to multiple locations.
- Sleek, bright LED interior lighting ensures that you see everything at a glance.
- The freezer and flex-zone spaces are not wide enough to house certain boxes.
4. Samsung Family hub 2.0 RF22M9581SG 4 door Flex- Most Advanced Counter depth refrigerator
Samsung RF22M9581SG is a fully-featured counter depth fridge with well-designed stainless steel exterior, but it is also one of the most expensive refrigerators. However, if you have a reasonable budget, you would be having the most advanced refrigerator of all time.
This 4-door countertop depth refrigerator has a fridge space of around 13.2 cubic feet. The lower compartment has two side by side freezers with two drawers and one shelf in each of them. Interestingly, you can turn the right freezer into a refrigerator (thanks to the flex zone technology) for storing fresh fruits, vegetables, and wines. Door shelves are not adjustable, but refrigerator shelves are adjustable.
Talking about the tech integration- there is a camera in the interior with direct connectivity to the LCD screen on the right door. It takes an image of what’s inside every time you close the fridge door. This feature helps track the food expiration date using drag n drop countdown timer on the screen.
Also, after connecting it to Samsung mobile app, you can know the inside content on your mobile phone. Temperature control is much more precise via the fridge managing app; you can accurately change the fridge-environment-settings. Ice dispenser and Ice maker both are present.
The 21.5 inch LCD screen is highly responsive has a smooth touch and a few apps for different useful features. There are many apps like ‘Whiteboard’ for drawing or writing quick notes.
You can organize photos, add shared family fridge calendar, open recipes, stream music, order groceries and put on a timer for chilling beer. That said, SmartThings is absent, so you won’t be able to connect another device to your fridge. However, this feature would be there in Samsung family hub 3.0 as told in CES 2018. RF22K9581SG is a clean refrigerator that will make your kitchen look elegant. Nevertheless, you would be missing the temperature controller in the drawer section.
- Flex door for extending the fridge capacity
- Precise temperature control and Responsive LCD screen
- Connectivity with your phone for viewing inside refrigerator
- Cameras in the interior help know the expiration date for packaged food
- The expense is almost double the other counter depths (but so are the features)
- Voice control integration is missing
5. GE Profile PYE22PSKSS- Brew coffee from your fridge
Let's get right into the thick of it - this GE refrigerator can actually brew coffee for you!
While many others try to set themselves apart with ice makers and water dispensers this one takes things a step further by incorporating a Keurig coffee maker. Don't worry, though, this hasn't replaced the ice and water dispenser, it has simply been added to it. GE profile refrigerator has some of the most advanced features which makes it the best french counter depth refrigerator out there .
You can get fresh water and ice with the touch of a button. Only now, you can also get fresh coffee with the touch of a button. Never worry about filling your coffee maker with water again. The direct-line system brings water into the refrigerator for the purposes of making coffee, ice, and simply providing you with a cool glass of water.
Using the same control panel you will use to select your coffee brew size and to demand ice from the ice maker, you can control various other aspects of this refrigerator. The touch of a button can turn lights on and off. Select the refrigerator or the freezer buttons to adjust the temperatures set in either of those locations. To keep things sleek, classy and uncompromised, the numbers and readouts you will use to make these adjustments are only visible once you've engaged the system.
Smart temperature zones inside the GE counter depth refrigerator allow you to set specific temperatures for those zones. With the touch of a button, you can change the drawer settings from deli to cheese to beverages. The beverages setting maintains a perfect wine chilling temperature for those who love wine, but not enough to purchase a separate wine fridge.
Another thing we cannot ignore in this review is that the GE Profile is compatible with Amazon Alexa. This means that you can adjust the settings with the simple sound of your voice or, even, from a distance. You only have to be connected to the Alexa app to make use of this function.
- You can select a particular type of food or beverage temperature setting for the smart drawers inside this fridge.
- You can make coffee in the door of this refrigerator! Additionally, you can also retrieve water and ice from the door panel.
- Includes highly adjustable and customizable shelves and hanging basket shelves for incredible versatility.
- Capacity is slightly lesser than other counter depths
6. Samsung RH229010SG- Best side by side counter depth refrigerator
Samsung RH229010SG is the counter depth fridge I landed on after reviewing chunk of side by side refrigerators. I have only added one counter depths in side-by-side as there aren’t much of them offering significant features. This black counter depth refrigerator could has a chunk of awesome features.
The bottom line is- RH229010SG has almost all of the useful and essential features one would look for. Capacity is around 22 cubic feet slightly less to what other brands are offering. But they fixed this by ice-maker integration in the door, that will save your freezer space.
Exterior is fingerprint resistant to the stainless steel door. Also, the ice dispenser and water filter are integrated externally for easy accessibility. The dispenser has lights, and the fridge has a door alarm (if you left fridge or freezer door open).
Interior has three crisper drawers for ensuring fresh (and organized) fruits and vegetables. Led lighting is smartly embedded for brightening the interior. This counter depth fridge has power freeze options and metal-made door-in-door for maintaining long-term cooling. I loved the twin cooling feature which helps keep the proper temperature and food-taste. This side by side fridge is getting a good response in the appliance marketplace and is already on the top of best side by side counter depth refrigerators list.
- Well designed interior with ice maker in the door
- Chill trapping and metal made door-in-door for extended cooling.
- Showcase door and power cooling helps maintain the temperature
- The right door could have been more spacious and less heavy.
7. KitchenAid KRFC300ESS- Best Quality Energy rated Counter depth french-door refrigerator
Kitchenaid is one of my most recommended and best counter depth refrigerator brands after Sub-zero and Amana. KRFC300ESS is an excellent counter depth model with a capacity of 20 cubic feet (not too bad, but not too good either). Perhaps, you won’t regret buying this refrigerator, if you aren’t looking for a lot of advance feature.
KRFC300ESS Refrigerator interior is space-efficient with four half-width adjustable shelves and removable metal wine rack, which you could alternatively use for 2-litre storage purpose. This KitchenAid refrigerator has an EXTENDFRESH temperature management system that uses sensors to ensure the food remains fresh and the taste isn’t compromised.
Produce preserver makes sure that the fruits remain fresh in humidity-controlled crisper trays. It looks for certain vegetables and fruits releasing ethylene gas that could speed up the ripening process.
Kitchenaid KRFC300ESS is energy star rated and has a temperature controlled drawer with manual adjustment options for storing deli items. The freezer section has upper and lower wire baskets designed with proper space configuration for secure storage. Check this page for more major appliances by KitchenAid.
- Slim and short enough for your little apartment kitchen.
- Includes interior lighting which is virtually unheard of in refrigerators this small.
- Has six hanging door shelves, 3 shelves (plus one on top of the crisping drawers), and two crisping drawers in the refrigerator.
- Only 7.4 cubic feet of interior storage space.
8. Summit FF1935PLIM Ingenious- Best Apartment refrigerator with the Features of a Super-Star Fridge
If you need a slim, white counter-depth fridge for your apartment of just plain, old, small kitchen, but don't want to sacrifice the cool extras you get when you purchase many of the large upscale refrigerators you are finally in luck. Summit went ahead and created this ultra-neat fridge with many of those special functions people often pay hundreds of extra dollars for on larger refrigerators.
Let's start with the size. At 27 inches wide, 29 inches deep and 73 inches tall, this compact refrigeration unit splits over 18 cubic feet of storage space between its fridge and freezer.
The "in-genious" control panel gives you access to your fridge's innermost workings in the simplest way possible: with pictures. Small icons indicate the types of controls you are adjusting so that you can always be certain you are making the right choices for your needs. It also allows you to adjust the "Express Chill Zone" - a special area of the refrigerator designed to chill certain things extra-fast.
One of the features we found the most appealing is the panel you can pull down from the front of the fridge to reveal a special section inside the door. Summit calls this the "Smart Station" and we agree, it's smart! This is perfect for storing wine, soda, water bottles, or juice - just reach in and pull one out without allowing the cold air to escape the entire fridge.
- A special pull-down panel allows you to access an area on the inside of the door.
- An expert, touch-screen control panel allows you to customize your refrigeration.
- Like the special alarm systems in LG fridges, this Summit fridge will beep if you leave the door open too long.
- Touch-screen control panel allows you to adjust almost every setting possible.
- Though the small size is great for some people it may be a little too small for large families.
9. Kenmore 75043 - Biggest counter depth refrigerator with Easy Smart Controls and Alexa Compatible
Comparable to the GE Profile in many ways, Kenmore 75043 Smart refrigerator is worth the attention of any serious appliance lover and is one of the biggest counter depth refrigerator in our list.
If you are looking for top quality, and a fridge with exceptional qualities, Kenmore's counter deipth bottom refrigerator would be your ideal match.
We were most impressed with its ability to connect to Amazon Alexa. This connection will allow you to control your fridge's settings with simple voice commands in your home. Just tell Alexa what you want it to do through your separate wireless speaker system and it will set your fridge as you like. Alternatively, you can access the Alexa app from your cell phone to change the settings when you're not home. This is especially helpful when you want to send your fridge temperature down so that it already prepared to super chill food when you bring it home from the grocery store.
If you don't have Alexa or just don't want to use it for your refrigerator you can change the settings by utilizing the small smart bar located on the lip of the main fridge inside the doors. From there, you can change the temperature inside the fridge and freezer, turn interior lights on and off, turn the ice maker on and off, and activate (or deactivate) the door alarm.
Another thing we absolutely love about this fridge that we feel sets it apart from the others is its aesthetic design. Brushed stainless steel is quickly becoming the norm in the world of appliances and Kenmore certainly jumped on board that train when creating this fridge. What makes it more appealing than others, though, are the interesting handles. Their long, sweeping, curved lines and thick stature are both elegant and bold.
- Has complete temperature control, even from your cell phone thanks to its compatibility with Amazon Alexa.
- A beautiful, bold design makes it stand out in the crowd and will certainly be a talking point for your next dinner party.
- The French doors won't inhibit your kitchen space whenever you need to peek inside.
- The large, bottom freezer will hold plenty of frozen goods.
- Since you have to open the doors to adjust the settings without the Alexa app you may actually do more harm than good by releasing the cold air and requiring your fridge to run for longer.
10. Fisher Paykel RF135BDLX4- Best Quality counter depth refrigerator
Fisher and Paykel is one of the oldest and reliable brands for buying a counter refrigerator. RF135BDLX4 is a bottom-freezer-configuration counter depth refrigerator. Out of the 8 refrigerators I added in this list, Paykel was the one that provided all of the three features- Noise-free environment, clean stainless steel design and easy temperature management.
Both the refrigerator and freezer part are well-designed. RF135BDLX4 is equipped with a solid humidity controlling system and smart LED lights. Glass shelves are sturdy enough. I have always seen unique features in Fisher and Paykel fridges. You can go for this refrigerator if you have limited space and/or limited budget.
- Led lighting with glass shelves for elegant internal compartments
- Clean stainless steel design for embracing your kitchen
- Powerful humidity controller keeps food fresh for longer duration.
- Refrigerator efficiency is slightly lesser than other designs in our list.
Choosing the Qualities and Features You Want and Need in Your New Counter-Deep Fridge
Selecting your new counter-depth fridge isn't as simple as just pointing at ANY counter-depth fridge and clicking "buy now." There's a lot to consider that goes beyond the basic depth of the unit.
Quick tips for improving your refrigerator's performance-
- Make sure to keep your refrigerator coils clean. Dirt of coils affects the fridge performance and reduce the lifeline.
- Always and always use Surge Protection for refrigerators. Most of the technical problems arise due to voltage fluctuations.
You wouldn't buy clothes simply because they were your size, would you? Of course not! You'd consider the material, the time of year, the occasions you'd wear them for, and your personal style. When it comes to refrigerators, things like budget, overall size, layout, style, and additional features are all important factors.
Know Your Best Measurements for a Counter-Depth Refrigerator-
You may think the first thing we'd tell you to consider would be your budget. In most cases, budget IS the first and most important consideration, but I've got news for you: Not all budgets work in all situations.
Before you can even consider what type of budget or special features you want in your new shallow fridge you need to consider the measurements of the space in which it will fit. This will help you know your counter depth refrigerator dimensions.
You already know that you need a fridge between 25 and 30 inches in total depth (not including the handles, of course). The question now becomes, how tall and how wide?
Typically speaking, you'll want to measure the area between the two cupboards or walls on either side of where the fridge will sit as well as the space between the floor and the upper cabinet (if there is one). It's always good to leave a one-inch gap on either side of your refrigerator (including the top) in order to all for proper ventilation.
Be Budget Conscious
Now that you have your measurements in mind you can really begin to narrow down the possible selection. However, before you go out looking at all the fancy (and not-so-fancy) fridges in stores and on the internet you will need to consider your maximum budget.
Appliance and electronics are one area of the market where prices fluctuate drastically. A refrigerator of one size made by a particular company with a particular setup and set of features may be one price while a fridge of the exact same size made by a different company with a different set of features may be a few hundred or even $1000 more expensive.
You need to know how much you are willing to spend before you go out and get wooed by things like automatic ice dispensers, smart controls, built-in televisions and side-by-side fridge-freezer combination units.
Whether budget is of concern or not, try to stay on the lookout for sales. In the world of appliances and electronics sales aren't just a matter of a few dollars. In fact, a refrigerator sale can knock hundreds of dollars off the original listing price.
What Type of Set-Up Do do You want?
Do you like a side-by-side fridge-freezer combination or are you more of a top fridge, bottom freezer kind of person? Maybe you prefer an old-school refrigerator with a freezer on top. Perhaps you are one of those people who like to keep your freezer completely separate and prefer a full top-to-bottom refrigerator to house all of your fresh fruits and vegetables.
Which one of these sounds like you? Take note of your preference, and then figure out if you are able to score the type of fridge you want at a price you can afford and within your specific dimensions. The important thing to remember is that counter-depth fridges are only recently becoming popular, so there aren't very many on the market. It's always good to have a backup option in case you aren't able to find what you need.
You can always look for non-counter depth refrigerators. French door refrigerators are good for space related issues.
You're lucky because we were able to track down at least one of every option for this list. Though all measure less than 31 inches in depth, they are a variety of widths and heights, so remember to keep that in mind as well.
Something else to consider when it comes to set up is your own ability to bend low or to see the top shelves. Some of us are very short and others have bad backs. Consider any of these factors as well as the frequency with which you venture into your counter depth fridge and freezer when making your decision.
Ultimately, there is no major difference among the many fridge-freezer combination units aside from the shape and location of the storage areas. For example, a French door refrigerator-freezer combination (also known as a side-by-side fridge-freezer) makes it easier to view the food items in fridge and freezer. But, this option also means that both sides are slim and makes it difficult for you to place large items inside (just try squeezing a left-over pizza box inside, I dare you!) A French-door full fridge or a French-door fridge with a freezer on the top or bottom allows you the same amount of space as a typical refrigerator without the pesky annoyance of a large door swinging out into your kitchen.
Looking for a new wine cooler for your kitchen? Read this post on best wine coolers.
Let's Talk Special Features
Everyone could use a little extra luxury in their lives, and we're certain you're no different. Luckily, many newer refrigerator models come with these extras at a reasonably low price. In fact, things like pull-out shelves are quickly becoming the norm rather than the exception.
Some upgrades, however, often affect the price (even if just a little bit), so it's important to consider what you would like in relation to your financial position. Some of the higher-level options, like built-in smart televisions and scheduling systems, can put a strain on even the most generous budgets.
Other upgrades require special attention from your electrical or plumbing systems. For example, many fridges (regular-sized or counter-depth) with built-in ice makers require access to running water. These models are made to create the ice on-demand without inconveniencing you by requiring you to continually fill a water reservoir.
Refrigerators come in many shapes and sizes. From tall to short; wide to slim. They also come in many styles: side-by-side, French doors, all-fridge, top freezer, bottom freezer, and more. Even within this refrigeration world of diversity, what unites you and everyone else visiting this page is a need for a counter-depth fridge. Whether you want it because your kitchen is slim or simply because you prefer the look of a kitchen with clean lines, we’ve laid out many great options for you here.
In case, you are short on budget, consider reading our guide on Best mini fridges.
We hope our diligent work paid off and that you are walking away with the Counter depth refrigerator of your dreams!